9/11 Day Of Service & Remembrance Raffle Terms & Conditions
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The 9/11 Day Of Service & Remembrance Bike Raffle (\"Raffle\") begins on September 26, 2018 and ends on September 26, 2018 at 4:00PM EDT (the \"Promotion Period\").
The sponsor of this Raffle is 9/11 Tribute Museum ("Sponsor"), a New York nonprofit corporation and tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. By participating in the Raffle, every person (a “Ticket Holder”) who buys or holds a Raffle ticket unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Tickets and the overall administration of the Raffle. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Raffle. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
The Grand Prize Drawing is open to the public, but the winner need not be present to win.
2. TICKETS: Raffle tickets cost $5.00 each. Only one Eligible Ticket Purchaser (as defined below in the “Eligibility” section of these Rules) may purchase a ticket. This means, (a) one name per ticket and (b) one purchaser per transaction. An Eligible Ticket Purchaser may designate another person a Ticket Holder. If a ticket names more than one person as a Ticket Holder and that ticket is a winning ticket, then Sponsor will (a) deem the person named first on the ticket as the Ticket Holder, (b) declare the first person named on the ticket as the winner, and (c) award the prize to the first person named on the ticket. In such case, the division of the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the first person named on the ticket. Once Sponsor awards the prize to the first person named on a ticket, Sponsor will have no further duties or obligations with respect to the division of the prize and all persons named on a ticket as Ticket Holders release Sponsor from all claims relating to the award of the prize or its division among other persons on a ticket named as Ticket Holders.
The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in Raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts and therefore do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States Of America who are at least 18 years of age (the \"Entrant\"). Tickets may be purchased as gifts for people under 18 years of age (“minors”), but minors may not purchase tickets. If a ticket is purchased by an Eligible Ticket Purchaser who designates a minor or person otherwise under a legal incapacity as the Ticket Holder, then, if that ticket is a winning ticket, then Sponsor reserves the right to require appropriate acknowledgements, approvals, and consents of such person's conservator, guardian, or parent as a condition to the award of the prize to such person. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
A person cannot be an Eligible Ticket Purchaser or a Ticket Holder if such person or holder is a person (a) with whom U.S. persons or entities are restricted from doing business under regulations of the Office of Foreign Asset Control of the Department of the Treasury (including those named on OFAC’s Specially Designated and Blocked Persons List”) or under any statute or executive order or (b) who is acting, directly or indirectly, for or on behalf of any such person.
Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \"Promotion Entities\"), are ineligible to enter the Raffle or win a prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to require reasonable evidence of the eligibility of an Eligible Ticket Purchaser or Ticket Holder at any time and to void any ticket sold to a person who does not meet the eligibility requirements or who is precluded by applicable law from holding a ticket or participating in a raffle. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. PRIZES: Grand Prize: Four (4) winners will receive [one (1) Bike] (approximate retail value or "ARV": $99.00)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Raffle during the Promotion Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found on the following website at https://store.911tributemuseum.org/products/911-day-of-service-raffle.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Raffle.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Raffle will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted about 10 Business Days after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information approximately 10 Business Days after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 30 Days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \"the Prize Claim Documents\"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Raffle; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Raffle; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Raffle or download of any materials in the Raffle.
If, for any reason, the Raffle is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Raffle, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Raffle.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to 9/11 Tribute Museum cc: 9/11 Day Of Service & Remembrance Bike Raffle at 92 Greenwich Street, New York, New York, 10006. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than 90 Days after the Promotion Period has ended.
11. SPONSOR: 9/11 Tribute Museum, 92 Greenwich Street, New York, New York, 10006, AND firstname.lastname@example.org